It’s no secret that 1791’s selvage denim designs are inspired by classic American work wear. As we pored over turn-of-the-century photos of the blue-collar Americans who built this country, we challenged ourselves to dig deeper and create the authentic work wear recreation possible. The result is the Miners’ Wash Edition.
This limited edition wash displays true attention to detail. The softened feel, the “whiskers” that form where the jeans crease, and the sun-faded and worn leather patch, are all painstakingly re-created from photographs. Our designers and artists take the denim through more than ten steps-many done by hand-so that each piece has unique character. Come to think of it, we may not have worked as hard on these jeans as a coal miner but we think we’re pretty darn close.
Our premium ring-spun selvage denim jeans are 100% Made in the USA. The 13.5 oz. Red Line Selvage denim is 100% cotton, woven in Greensboro, North Carolina at Cone Denim® Mills. They are cut and sewn in Kentucky in a factory that has been operating since 1911. Our vintage inspired western fit jean has been rinsed and distressed to soften the jean and reduce shrinkage. Designed with a slight kick in the front pockets for easy accessibility and a slight opening at the ankle to fit comfortably over your boot. Each pair of jeans has been painstakingly constructed by America's most skilled denim craftsmen. Custom 1791 & Co. copper washer and aluminum burr rivet are used on all points of strain on the jeans. The denim fibers that are pushed up through the washer are a mark of authenticity. The suede leather patch on the back of our jeans have all been personally hand branded with the 1791 logo. Item #: BXAM190
• Handset chain-stitched waistband with reinforced tacking on the belt loops for durability.
• Exposed selvage coin pocket. An authentic and unique detail that makes it a 1791 jean.
• Medium-brown stitching (Classic-Leg Signature Thread)
• Five-pocket jean with hidden copper/aluminum rivets on the back jean pockets
• Custom 1791 & Co. Washer and Burr copper rivets on all points of strain
• Reinforced button-fly closure to ensure a consistent fit.
• Custom top button depicting an Indian chief with 1791
• Suede leather patch with the 1791 logo hand-branded on the back right waist. (Distressed)